Our contributing food writer Henry Hong gave us an awesome and easy gumbo and potato salad recipe (below). Enjoy! See the full story and recipes here.
5 lbs potatoes
8 strips cooked bacon, chopped
1/2 cup mayonnaise
salt and pepper
1. Cover whole potatoes with cold water, add 2 tablespoons salt
2. Bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer
3. The potatoes are done when you stick a knife all the way into the center of one, and it pulls out easily
4. Drain potatoes and allow them to cool, then cut into a rough dice
5. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, season to taste
6. If serving with gumbo, make sure the potato salad is at least room temp, preferably warmed, and not cold.